YogaKids Teacher Certification
Step One: Foundations Training
Our 4 Day Foundations Training is a prerequisite to enroll in the Certification Track.
Step Two: Home Study Practicum
Once enrolled in the Advanced Training Certification Program you will move towards mastery as a designated YogaKids Apprentice (YKA). The first step is completion of the The Home Study Practicum which is designed to be completed in 6 to 12 months and is supported, guided and evaluated by a YogaKids mentor and corporate staff.
Each phase of the home study systematically guides you towards a high level of knowledge and competence in the techniques, theory and integration of the 14 YogaKids Elements of Educating the Whole Child through Yoga.
This in-depth course material includes assignments, teaching suggestions, an interactive forum to share ideas with the apprentice community. Conference call participation with mentoring staff allows your questions to be answered directly.
The practicum is organized around comprehensive modules during your practicum you will be inspired to gain mastery of:
1. The YogaKids Way
- Assignments are designed to familiarize you with the 200 plus YogaKids poses and concepts.
- Your personal yoga practice will be transformed. Powerful, proven and transformational practices will develop you and your yoga both on and off the mat.
- Integrate the 14 YogaKids Elements.
- Learn to incorporate the YogaKids media, books, and games into effective YogaKids classes.
- Attain confidence in basic human anatomy and physiology.
2. Educate the Whole Child
- Position your studies into action through the teaching of YogaKids classes.
- Systematically develop competence and real world experience teaching YogaKids classes to children.
- The curriculum supplies facilitation in all areas of learning: kinesthetically, emotionally and academically.
- You’ll be guided to create lesson plans for ages 3 through teens and children with special needs.
3. Connect and Communicate
- Develop effective communication skills that will help promote your YogaKids classes.
- Discover and embrace your unique personal mission and vision as a YogaKids teacher.
- Ignite and empower yourself, your family, neighborhood and students by building YogaKids classes.
- Establish presence and visibility in your community.
Benefits during Advanced Training Practicum:
Recognition as an apprentice with the YogaKids YKA logo.
Website listing as an YKA on the Find a Teacher page.
Receipt of YogaKids Now! Quarterly On-Line Journal, with access to 6 years worth of archives
YogaKids class development strategies
International recognition of the YogaKids brand and participation in our advertising campaigns.
Access to the Forum
Receive YogaKids Training products with your Advanced Certification purchase! Valued at over $150.00 and shipped free directly to you. Please note: YogaKids is not responsible for duty taxes or other associated fees on Free International Training Product shipments imposed by countries outside of the US.
- YogaKids Original DVD
- ABC DVD
- Silly to Calm DVD
- Fitness Fun Tunes CD
- Tools for Schools Yoga for the Classroom DVD
- Tools for Schools Yoga for Physical Education DVD
- Tools for Schools Toolbox
- Tac-on Mat
- Shine Bright Poster
- Take 5 Poster
- Tools for Schools Tote Bag
Step Three: Transformations
This 7-day culmination and integration of the complete methodology is the heart and soul of YogaKids. View the Transformations Calendar
- Advanced YogaKids Pose Clinic
- Advanced energy anatomy of children
- Advanced communication skills
- Advanced class management and holistic “discipline” techniques
- Advanced teaching methodology for both children and adults
- Advanced class development; best-practices
You will also be introduced to the content and training objectives of our popular 3-hour YogaKids specialty workshops and can apply to join the team and present these workshops in your area for generous workshop-leader remuneration.
We currently offer the following YogaKids Workshops with income opportunities to our teachers:
1. Taste of YogaKids
2. Teaching Yoga to Tweens and Teens
3. Tools for Schools Playshop
Benefits of maintaining your active status as a Certified YogaKids Teacher:
- Receive up to date best-practices, curriculum guides and useful tactics to build your teaching skills
- Listing as a CYKT on the Find a Teacher website page
- Access to the informational online forums where community, share and bond through mutual commitment and experience
- Participation in dynamic and inspiring teleconferences to sharpen your skills
- Receive significant discounts on YK products and vacations
- Committed CYKTs are eligible for enrollment into YogaKids specialty and advanced training programs
- Exclusive opportunity for consideration into our collaborative group of YogaKids program and product creators
- Become a YogaKids Affiliate and earn generous commissions
- Professionally written text and beautiful copyright approved imagery to help you promote trainings and products
- Earn bonuses with our Referral Incentive Program
Have you completed YogaKids Foundations and are ready to
Register to Become a Certified YogaKids Teacher? CLICK HERE
Or Register for BOTH the pre-requsite
Foundations and YogaKids Teacher Certification Training via the Foundations Calendar.
Register before Foundations and receive a 10% discount when you register and pay in full for both Foundations and Advanced Training Certification.
NEW - Introducing Our Budget Balancing Tuition Payment Option - see the event detail page by clicking the link to the event on our calendar... to read more about the different payment options available on our calendar.
- created to help make your intention of becoming a
Certified YogaKids Teacher a reality.
Graduates of YogaKids Certification Program can now apply for their RCYT online at www.yogaalliance.org. They must already be RYT’s and complete at least thirty hours of teaching in their specialty (following training) in order to register for a specialty designation. Read More at Yoga Alliance http://yogaalliance.org/content/children%E2%80%99s-standards