This pose can be done anywhere, at any time. Squat down on your heels, like a frog – place your palms flat on the ground. We’re also going to make frog noises. Do you know that some frogs expand their necks to amazing sizes when they breathe in and out? Imagine your chest is a frog’s throat and expand it out as big as you can….ribbbiiiit!
- Stand tall, with your feet hip-width apart.
- Pivot your feet outward, so that your toes are wider than your heels.
- Bend your knees until you are squatting. Try to keep your heels on the floor.
- Bring your palms together at your heart.
- Stay here for several breaths.
- Be sure to ribbit like a frog!
Activity Ideas for Home and Classroom
Did you know? Frogs don’t drink water — they absorb it through their skin. They also completely shed their skin about once a week. After it pulls off the old, dead skin, the frog usually eats it.
This pose opens your hips and stretches your groin.
Try these affirmations as you do the pose: “I feel grounded” and “I feel balanced and strong.”