The Festival of Lights has begun! Celebrate with this easy Handprint Menorah craft… perfect for your YogaKids class or an at-home arts & crafts activity!
- Patterned or brightly colored paper to use for candle flames
- A piece of card stock
- Tempera or other water based paint in the color you want your menorah
- Glue or glue stick
- Metallic sharpies, paints, sequins, etc. optional – for decorating the menorah
- Fold the card stock in half, and then unfold it. Lay it flat.
- Placing your left hand on the left side of the paper, with your thumb straight up, across the center fold line.
- Trace your hand, then repeat on the right side, with your thumb in the same place as the left thumb.
- Paint inside the lines you just traced.
- Allow paint to dry and then decorate over the top of the menorah.
- Fold the piece of paper you’re using for flames in half. Draw five flame shapes and cut them out of the folded paper to make ten flames. (That’s one left over)
- Glue a flame in the center, then “light” one finger of the menorah for each night of Chanukah.
- Keep the extra flames in an envelope nearby so they don’t get lost, and enjoy the Festival of Lights!