At YogaKids, we LOVE games where WE ALL WIN! These are sometimes called “cooperative” games — because they strengthen our cooperation skills. Here’s an example created by one of our Certified YogaKids Teachers called Spinning Senses. She created while going through our program and we love it so much!
Here’s how to play…
Cut a piece of cardboard into a circle and divide into sections labeled with all the 5 senses: hear, see, small, taste and touch. Put a bottle in the center. Gather items that have a strong scent (essential oils are perfect), taste-able items (sour, bitter, salty, sweet), and touch-able items (examples: sand paper, velvet, plastic, wood).
Everyone takes a turn spinning the bottle. On your turn, play out as follows:
- Hear: Close your eyes. The person on your right makes a sound. Guess what the sound is.
- See: The person on your right chooses an object in view. Guess what the object is.
- Smell: Close your eyes. The person on our right chooses something for you to smell. Smell it and guess what it is.
- Taste: Close your eyes. The person on your right chooses something for you to taste. Taste it and guess what it is.
- Touch: Close your eyes. The person on your right chooses something for you to touch. Touch it and guess what it is.
What a great way to strengthen our senses!