Springtime Yoga Poses!
Spring is such a magical time… and here in the Magical Garden, we LOVE IT so much! The weather gets warmer and flowers begin to bloom. It’s a time for bunnies, butterflies, and flying kites. Join us in celebrating spring with some of our favorite YogaKids poses!
Reach for the Sun
- Begin in by standing tall in Mountain pose.
- Breathe in and reach up high with an outstretched hand.
- Grab a piece of sunshine and pull the power into your solar plexus, your inner sun.
- Exhale with a “HAH” breath.
- Repeat with the other arm.
- Alternately reach with the left and right arms.
- As you practice, increase the force of your breath.
Circle of Friendship Flowers
- Kneel in a circle with a group of your friends. Hold hands.
- As you inhale, reach your arms up, lift your buttocks off your heels, and stretch back arching your back and neck.
- As you exhale, continue to hold hands and fold down into Child’s Pose.
- Repeat a few times imagining all the different flowers that you could be.
Butterfly with Antennae
- Begin in L-Sitting pose, with your legs straight out in front of you.
- Bring the bottoms of your feet together, with your heels close to your body and your knees out to each side.
- Stretch your neck and the top of your head toward the sky and make your spine longer.
- Place your hands at the sides of your head and stick up your pointer fingers to make antennae.
- Pull your arms back like they’re your wings.
- Breathe in and out as you flap your wings forward and back, up and down.
- Begin by standing tall in Mountain pose.
- Come onto your tippy toes and stretch your arms up and out to the side like tree arms.
- Lean to one side and stretch a leg out to the other side.
- Change sides.
- Play with your balance as you find your way and move with the wind.
- Feel your body flying like a kite!
- Get comfortable in a seated pose.
- Make your neck and back as long as you can, tucking in your chin slightly and letting your lower jaw relax.
- Take short, quick breaths in through your nose.
- Twitch your nose like a bunny. Then breathe out through your mouth with a long, smooth sigh.
- Repeat, iincreasing the number of inhalations and the length of your exhalations as your breath power gets stronger!