Star-of-David Mini Pizzas
Total time: 30m
- Packaged mini-toasts or big crackers
- Deli sliced rounds of provolone or other cheese (round works best)
- Tomato paste or pre-made pasta sauce
- Fresh or dry oregano
- Lay out the crackers or toasts on a foil or silicone lined baking tray that can go in your oven or toaster oven. The edges should not touch, and they should be lying completely flat.
- Spoon a little tomato paste or sauce onto each one and spread it across the top. Don’t make it too thin or the toasts won’t soften in the middle.
- Sprinkle a pinch of oregano on top of the tomato sauce.
- Cut the rounds of cheese in half, then each half into three pie-shaped pieces. Slice the curvy edge off the triangle, and lay two triangles on top of each toast in opposite directions, to make a Star of David.
- Put the tray in the toaster oven or under the broiler just long enough for the cheese to melt a little and form little bubbles; about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve delicious mini-pizzas and eat ‘em up!