You are hot, filled with power and electricity. Sizzling! Pass it on by holding hands with your friends. Can you feel the electricity flowing through your body and between you and your companions? ZZZZAP!
- Sit cross-legged or in any comfortable position.
- If you are old enough to know right and left, place the left palm up and the right hand palm-down.
- Hold hands.
- Close your eyes.
- Imagine your heart. It is our power supply sending energy through our body.
- Feel the breath move across your chest, flow down your arms and into the hands that you are holding. Do you feel heat? A tingly feeling? That’s the electricity moving through your body.
- When you begin to feel it in your body, squeeze your friends hand. This is the signal to let each other know that a connection has been made. You have hooked up and the current is flowing.
Note to Parents and Teachers
Ask the children to tell you what is electric in their homes, schools and classrooms. Allow childlike answers for how these things work. It is important for them to express themselves through their own age-appropriate thought processes and words. Inspire and encourage their communication skills.
Activity Ideas for Home or Classroom
Amps, volts and watts are three words to describe amounts of electric power or current. They are named after the scientists that “discovered” or “recognized” them.
Awesome Anatomy/Math Medley
Can you feel your heartbeat inside your chest? Your heart beats about a 100,000 times a day. How many times is that in an hour, a week, a month or a year?
Nutrition Tip (Our Electric Tongue)
All foods have different tastes. Some are salty. Some are bitter or sour. Most of us like sweet and salty the best. Experiment with the tastes of different foods. Be brave and daring and try new foods. Our taste buds enable us to taste all the varied, wonderful flavors the world’s gardens have to offer.
Bitter tastes like the vegetable kale, are mostly sensed towards the back and rear sides of the tongue. Sour tastes like lemon are mostly tasted at the sides of the tongue, at the middle and towards the front. Salty and sweet tastes are most people’s favorite taste. These are at the tip of the tongue.
Excite and surprise your tongue with new and different tastes. Delight your taste buds and body with power foods like fruits and vegetables. Feel the electricity of health run through your veins!