Welcome to the YogaKids Hug Club…
… your home for hug-related fun!
Did you know?
Research has shown that hugs (like yoga) can help your physical, emotional, social and mental health. A hug can lower blood pressure, reduce stress, create a connection to others, and make you feel protected and loved. Do something good for yourself… hug someone today!
The 5 Steps to a GREAT hug!
- Make eye contact with a friend, relative, loved one, or someone who seems like a hug might be a contribution to them. Say, “hi.”
- Ask permission. “Have you had your four hugs today?” Bye the way, that’s the recommended minimum… doubling that is much better!
- Take a deep breath in and out to charge your amazing, healing heart battery.
- Step in for a heart-to-heart or any kind of hug that feels right to you. (See the types of hugs below!)
- Hold your hug for three breaths if that feels comfortable. Now ,slowly release. Look your friend in the eye and say, “Thank you.” The hug nourishes you as much as it did them!
Types of Hugs
There are so many types of hugs — side hugs, bear hugs, group hugs… and they’re all wonderful! What’s your favorite?