Welcome to the YogaKids Hug Club…
… your home for hug-related fun!
Did you know?
Research has shown that hugs (like yoga) can help your physical, emotional, social and mental health. A hug can lower blood pressure, reduce stress, create a connection to others, and make you feel protected and loved. Do something good for yourself… hug someone today!
The 5 Steps to a GREAT hug!
- Make eye contact with a friend, relative, loved one, or someone who seems like a hug might be a contribution to them. Say, “hi.”
- Ask permission. “Have you had your four hugs today?” Bye the way, that’s the recommended minimum… doubling that is much better!
- Take a deep breath in and out to charge your amazing, healing heart battery.
- Step in for a heart-to-heart or any kind of hug that feels right to you. (See the types of hugs below!)
- Hold your hug for three breaths if that feels comfortable. Now ,slowly release. Look your friend in the eye and say, “Thank you.” The hug nourishes you as much as it did them!
The YK Hug Club December Challenge!
This December, we invite everyone to join in spreading love and kindness throughout the world with the HUG CLUB DECEMBER CHALLENGE!
How do you play?
Simple! Hug as many people as you can throughout the month of December. Post photos and/or videos of the hugs on social media (Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram) and tag #hugclub and/or #decemberchallenge!
We’ll share your posts — and together, we can make the world a more loving and caring place!
Share Your Hugging Experience!
The Science of Hugs
Hugs are transformative. But don’t just take our word for it! Dive deep into the science of hugs!