** Endorsed by Dr. Deepak Chopra, Dr. Andrew Weil, & Jean Houston, Ph.D. **
“This organization has training that will blow your mind! If your creativity wants to come out and play; and your “play” wants to come out to play AND you want to empower children, YKI is the place for you. Their teaching is unique and their approach will touch every child from so many angles. In my opinion, the “yoga” sort of comes in the back door. Meaning there is art, ecology, fun language games, reading, amazing quiet quests and visualizations and so many other features we teach the children. Many folks misunderstand “yoga” as simply poses or stretching. NOT! It’s so much more; there are no words that could possibly explain the well thought out plans and accomplishments of this one company.:
– Carolyn Tracy, Certified YogaKids Teacher. Read more testimonial…
Our Certification Program was the first of its kind. Our founder, Marsha Wenig, revolutionized the way yoga is taught to kids by creating an educationally-based program that is influenced by educational theorists such as Howard Gardner and Maria Montessori. A YogaKids class makes yoga accessible to kids of every learning style by integrating music, art, science, literacy, and so much more.
If you’re looking to teach kids yoga, this is the place to begin! Our training also serves:
- Health-Care Professionals
- Other Child-Focused Professionals
Our Foundations Level 1 Training is now offered as both a live 2-day training held in areas around the world and as an online webinar training.
Both tracks are part of the YogaKids Teacher Certification Program. These events are for yogis, educators, parents, teachers, occupational therapists, speech therapists, other child-focused professionals — or anyone wanting to give the gift of yoga to children. No yoga experience is required. Click here to learn more.
Please note: The online training is part of our YogaKids Teacher Certification track but does NOT count as contact hours toward the RCYT designation from Yoga Alliance. Those on the RCYT track must attend a Yoga Alliance-approved training.
Learning continues online and in your community with Integrations, Level 2 of the YogaKids Certification Program. This at-home study course consists of 4 modules and is open to all our Level 1 graduates.
During Integrations, trainees will be supported by the YogaKids incredible community of teachers and trainers in our online forums and work will be evaluated b your elite team of Master Mentors.
This course is designed to be completed in 4-6 months, with each module averaging 20-30 hours of homework. By setting aside 5 hours per week, each module can be completed in 4-6 weeks.
Teach two YogaKids classes per week during your Level 2 Training — and earn back your investment in Certification… before you even complete your training! Click here to learn more.
This 7-day training is the amazing and powerful culmination event for our trainees in the YogaKids Certification Program. Trainees share experiences, refine classroom management skills, review asanas and techniques, develop business skills, and deepen their knowledge of anatomy, yoga philosophy, and much more. They also laugh, play, and explore — and return home empowered Certified YogaKids Teachers. Click here to learn more.
The Benefits of Full Certification
To become a Certified YogaKids Teacher, you must complete all 3 levels of our training.
As a Certified YogaKids Teacher, you’ll be a part of an amazing, global community of yogis, educators, parents, professionals and more. Not only will you receive the education and personal fulfillment that comes with our program, our licensed CYKTs receive exclusive access to the YogaKids University — home to your many benefits: continuing education, awesome perks, teaching resources, community support, and opportunities like never before…
- Yoga Alliance hours required for a specialty in children’s yoga (for RYTs)
- Opportunity to grow with YogaKids as a workshop presenter, trainer, contributor, and/or Master Mentor
- Access to our Master Mentor Hangouts: Our Continuing Education Webinars
- Access to the YogaKids Private Facebook Forum (our online global community)
- Access to our video library of all 185 YogaKids poses & activities
- Access to our resource libraries (teaching tools for our community)
- Exclusive marketing materials (class flyers and YK-branded business cards)
- Receipt of the YK community newsletters, The Electric Circle and Elements in Action
- Premium listing on the YogaKids.com official website
- Deep discounts in the YogaKids shop
- Free Full Certification Training Product Package (values at over $180)
THE FREE FULL CERTIFICATION TRAINING PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- YogaKids Original DVD
- Living Your Yoga by Judith Lasater
- Musical Musings CD
- Tools for Schools Tote Bag
- Educating the Whole Child Through Yoga by Marsha Wenig
- Tools for Schools Pose Card Tool Box (set of 50 cards)
- Tac-on-Mat (for pose cards)
- Tools for Schools Take 5 & Shine Bright Posters
- I’m a YogaKids Stickers (roll of 100)
- YogaKids ABCs and Silly to Calm DVDs
- Tools for Schools: Yoga for Physical Education x DVD
- Tools for Schools: Yoga for the Classroom DVD
Interested in teaching YogaKids — but not sure it’s right for you?
We’d love to answer any questions you have.
YogaKids is recognized by Yoga Alliance as a Registered Children’s Yoga School.
If you’re a Registered Yoga Teacher and are interested in obtaining your RCYT designation from Yoga Alliance, please choose a LIVE Level 1 and Level 3 training from our Yoga Alliance list of training events.
To become a Certified YogaKids Teacher, you may choose from any of our online or live events — and there are no yoga prerequisites.