Pasta is the Italian word for…pasta! Pasta is a basic staple of Italian cuisine. It refers to noodles of all types, from penne to macaroni, lasagna noodles, bow-ties, and more! In this recipe, we will use whatever type of pasta you’d like. Use gluten-free pasta to make this dish gluten-free.
Serves: The whole family!
The shopping list:
- 1 box of your favorite pasta
- a big bowl of basil pesto (see basil pesto recipe)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 handful of parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of Pine nuts
- Boil Water with several pinches of kosher salt
- Add pasta after the water is boiling
- Throw pasta against your refrigerator to see if it sticks — if it does, it is ready! (This will only work with spaghetti or angel hair.. and if you clean up after yourself).
- Strain pasta into a colander
The fun part:
- Place pasta back into your pot after it drains
- Add a generous amount of pesto. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Scoop pasta into a serving dish.
- Garnish with lots of parmesan cheese, a sprinkle of toasted pine nuts and a drizzle of olive oil