- Lie on your back, arms at your sides.
- Bring the bottoms of your feet together and open your knees outward to make a fish tale.
- Press your feet together and flap your legs up and down.
- Slide your hands, palms down, underneath your backside.
- Squeeze your shoulders together, press into your elbows and lower arms, and arch your back as your chest lifts off the floor.
- Place the top of your head on the floor.
Activity Ideas for Home or Classroom
Imagine you have gills instead of lungs. Fish breathe by taking water in through their mouths and pushing it out through their gills. Feel your gills open and close you breathe. Make fish lips and blow bubbles!
With the head upside-down, the flow of blood and oxygen to the brain increases, making this pose simultaneously energizing and calming