- Begin in Down Diggety Doggie Down. Step one foot forward into a lunge and place your hands on either side of that foot.
- Put your hands onto your upper thigh, above the knee.
- Breathe in and lift your chest. Breathe out and move your lower body toward the floor.
- Place your hands back down on the floor and step your foot back.
- Transform to Down Diggety Doggy Down and repeat on the other side. (Anjaneyasana)
Activity Ideas for Home or Classroom
Strengthens legs, opens the hips, stretches the ankles and works the muscles of the feet. Add the Lunge pose to a Sun Salutation for many more body benefits!