Make fruit fun with these healthy Snowman Skewers! Easy enough for your YogaKids to make on their own, this super-cute snack is a perfect holiday treat!
Total time: 30m or less
- Bananas – each banana makes about two and a half skewers
- One red and one green apple
- A few red and green grapes
- Chocolate chips or raisins (baby-sized chips work best)
- Wood skewers
- A flat serving platter or tray
- Optional: a little bit of powdered sugar to dust serving plate with “snow” – works best when the platter is dark.
- Cut ¾ – 1” thick slices of banana, put three on each skewer, circular cut side facing outward.
- Quarter the apples and cut each quarter into thirds. Put on the skewer on top of the bananas – this is the snowman’s hat. Note: You might want to help little kids. It can be tough to get through the skin of the apple with the wood skewer, and we don’t want anyone getting stabbed!
- Put a grape on the very top, over the apple, to make the hat’s pom-pom.
- Using the chocolate chips, stick eyes and buttons into the bananas.
- Optional: lightly dust your serving platter with powdered sugar and lay out all the snowmen.
- Serve and eat; mmm… delicious!
Create and teach your own Great Ideas as a Certified YogaKids Teacher!